What is Hair Transplant Therapy?
• It is a procedure in which a dermatologist moves hair to a bald or thinning area of the head.
• Hair is usually rearranged hair from the back or side of the head to the front or top of the head.
• These hair therapy procedures are performed under local anesthesia.
Cosmotree clinic offers the best hair transplant in Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru with our team of best and efficient doctors.
Causes of hair fall
• Hormonal Imbalance
• Use of drugs
• Nutritional deficiency
• Trauma or depression
Hair Transplantation can be performed in 2 ways:
• FUT( Follicular Unit Transplantation)or Strip Method
• FUE( Follicular Unit Extraction)
At Cosmotree Clinic our doctors will examine your hair fall thoroughly and will offer you customized therapy according to your skin and body needs, skin sensitivity etc.
FUT ( Follicular Unit Transplantation)
• It is a procedure where hair is transplanted from areas at the back and sides of the scalp, and moved to the
areas of hair loss.
• Also known as the ‘strip method’.
• These strips are then placed into circular holes in the scalp areas affected by hair loss to replace natural hair
• Many hair follicle can be transplanted in one session
• Gives better looking results compared to other hair procedures
• Natural-looking results
• Cost effective than other conventional hair procedures like FUE.
• It is performed under local anesthesia.
• Some patients complain of more discomfort with FUT procedures compared to FUE.
• Avoid touching, scratching, and rubbing the treated area.
• Cover your head to avoid direct contact with UV rays.
• Avoid any form rigorous physical activity, for few days after the therapy
• Typically takes 10 days to 14 days to recover from an FUT procedure.
• It is the most advanced hair fall therapy. Single follicles are removed from the area (typically the back of
the neck) of the scalp with specialized cutting equipment.
• These individual follicles are then inserted into tiny cuts made to the balding area.
• The surgeon ensures that the recipient cuts are angle to reproduce the natural direction of your normal hair.
• The follicles then grow strong and healthy hairs in the previously bald patch and resemble a natural and
realistic hair pattern.
• It is a less invasive surgery.
• No visible scarring in the donor area.
• Suitable for patients in early stages of hair loss
• FUE procedures have a quick recovery time and less post-procedure discomfort.
• Since the doctor must remove each hair follicle individually, the time-period of an FUE procedure usually, makes
it more expensive than an FUT procedure.
• Back to normal activities in few days.
FUT VS FUE
• FUE less invasive in nature than a FUT.
• Recovery time for FUE is significantly less FUT.
• No post-surgical pain and discomfort after FUE Therapy as after a FUT.