Unsightly dark spots, uneven skin tone make it extremely difficult to have clear glowing skin. Cosmotree Clinic offers some best pigmentation removal in Delhi for effective visible results.
• Occurance of dark spots or hyperpigmentation is due to the overproduction of melanin in the skin by melanocytes.
• Though melanin production usually depends on the genetic build up but over production of melanin can be triggered
by a lot of different things:
• Hormones—both estrogen and progesterone—can increase the level of melanin.
• Frequent sun exposure.
• Other factors, like skin irritation as a result of acne, waxing, and harsh scrubs, can
also cause dark spots.
Some of the best therapys for Hyperpigmentation are:
• Dark spots will get darker with frequent sun exposure.
• Sunscreens can block out most of the rays that will result in further darkening of the skin.
• Use a broad spectrum sunscreen for protection against UVA and UVB rays.
• Reapplication of your sunscreen every two hours.
• If you’re out when the sun is highest wear UPF clothing, which blocks out sun.
• Hydroquinone works by blocking an enzyme called tyrosinase, which aids in the production of melanin. Naturally,
the less tyrosinase produced, the less melanin produced.
• In some cases, the effects of hydroquinone can be seen in as little as two weeks.
• Generally expect 8 to 12 weeks of use to see a visible difference depending on a few factors (the extent of the
hyperpigmentation, how deeply it penetrates, how long it’s been there, etc.).
Lasers are the most impactful therapy to reduce dark spots.
• These use a focused beam of light to break up and get rid of the pigment particles in the skin.
• IPL (intense pulsed light) can help in pigmentation removal.
• Effective removal of dark spots such as age spots, sun spots and freckles.
• Treat body and facial areas
• Minimal side-effects and recovery time
• Exfoliating therapys like chemical peels get rid of the upper layers of damaged skin helping to reduce the
discoloration in the skin so that it reflects improved skin tone and texture.
• These therapys can stimulate collagen production, and reduce the appearance of dark spots.
• Common active acids solutions and peels include glycolic, mandelic, salicylic, and lactic acids, along with
• It revitalizes the skin and helps in the skin regeneration process.
• The top layer of the skin is exfoliated which is damaged and tanned.
• Improved and radiant skin tone.
• It improved appearance of sun spots, freckles, and other pigmentation problem.
Recovery Period: It usually depends on the kind of peel you are going for:
1) Light chemical peels: These mild peels require virtually no recovery time. Usually the skin may
be mildly irritated after the peel, patients can return to their daily activities immediately after therapy.
2) Medium chemical peels: The new layer of skin appears 3-7 days after therapy. After 2 weeks of
therapy, the skin is fully healed.
3) Deep chemical peels: The new layer of skin begins to appear seven to ten days after therapy,
though complete healing can take two months or longer. Patients sometimes take a week off from work after
undergoing a deep chemical peel.
Tip: Generally 3 to 6 therapys (possibly more) every 3-4 weeks is needed to see visible results.
Note: Deeper peels are more intense but may require only 1-2 therapys.
• Microdermabrasion is another well-known exfoliating therapy for hyperpigmentation that uses
tiny particles to remove away dead skin.
• Microdermabrasion is a non-chemical procedure that’s non-ablative, which means it does not
destroy skin tissue, and therefore does not require significant recovery time.
• Microdermabrasion is best suited for milder hyperpigmentation conditions, since the results are
modest in terms of improving the appearance of skin discoloration.
Tip: Mostly dermatologists recommend 3 to 6 therapys (possibly more) every 2-4 weeks.
• Done using a medical-grade, stainless steel roller covered with many tiny spikes, the tool creates a series of
micro-injuries in effort to rebuild the skin collagen production along with elasticity.
• For best results, microneedling often combined with topical therapys. Once the skin barrier is opened, it is
also possible to infuse ingredients known to lighten the skin like vitamin C.
• Dermatologists might also use platelet-rich plasma (PRP), a special wound healing serum, or a hyaluronic acid-
vitamin C compound to help with hyperpigmentation.
• There is a possibility of scarring from microneedling if done too aggressively. But when done correctly you will
see a brighter complexion by the next week after therapy.”
Tip: Expect to do three therapys (possibly more) every 6 weeks with a dermatologist.