What is Skin Pigmentation / HyperPigmentation?
Some parts of your skin appear dark and blotchy or dark spots appearing on the skin? This skin condition is known as Pigmentation/Hyper-Pigmentation.
• Though it is not a harmful condition, caused when there is too much of the pigment, melanin, on the surface of
• Generally, melanin is evenly distributed in the skin, but sometimes people have spots or patches of skin with
more melanin production. Spots include freckles, age spots and melasma. This condition can affect people of all
• The therapy may include a single therapy or a combination of one to two therapys.
Dermatologists at Cosmotree Clinic offer best and variety of pigmentation/dark spot removal therapys in Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru for effective visible results in shortest period of time.
Depending on the extent of the pigmentation, our doctors at Cosmotree clinic will customize a patient’s therapy based on their individual skin tone and other body constitution, and will provide you with the best pigmentation removal in Delhi.
Pigmentation Therapy Includes:
• Sun Spots
Pigmentation disorders can affect many areas of skin, or they can appear only in certain areas of the skin. The pigmentation usually occurs in two forms:
• Occur due to abnormally high melanin production, but sometimes it is caused by deposition of other pigmented
substances that are not otherwise present in the skin.
• Such skin is darker and sometimes is a different color than normal.
Hyperpigmentation can be caused by:
• UV exposure
• Hormonal imbalances.
• Melasma spots are like age spots but are larger areas of darkened skin that appears most often as a result of
• Pregnancy can cause overproduction of melanin on the face and darkened skin on the abdomen and other areas. Women
on birth control pills may also develop hyperpigmentation because their bodies experience the same kind of
hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy.
• Melasma is a form of hyperpigmentation that’s more commonly seen in women (especially in those with darker skin
tones) and is thought to be worsened by UV exposure, as well as hormonal imbalances.
Cosmotree clinic offers best pigmentation/dark spots removal in Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru, according to one’s skin and body needs, texture & sensitivity of the skin etc.
Therapys offered by Cosmotree Clinic are:
Types of Therapys:
1) Laser Therapy:
• Laser heats up and breaks down the pigment without affecting the surrounding skin.
• Different types of laser can be used depending on the extent of pigmentation.
• Pigmentation Removal with laser is a quick, gentle and non-surgical therapy. During the therapy the laser can
feel similar to the flicking of a rubber elastic band and for most people is not too uncomfortable.
• Immediate darkening is noticed after therapy. For few days the area will look like a dark wound which
eventually peels off.
Cosmotree Clinic offers the best laser therapy in Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru and is one of the most advanced therapys for pigmentation and dark spots removal such as age spots, sun spots, and freckles on the skin.
• Can treat body and facial areas
• Minimal side-effects and recovery time
• Effective removal of dark spots such as age spots, sun spots and freckles.
No recovery time is needed. People can resume their daily activities immediately.
Post Therapy Precautions:
• Avoid sun exposure for freshly treated skin.
• Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen for maximum protection.
• Do not pick at the wound and let it fall off naturally.
2) Chemical peels:
• Chemical Peels are suitable to get rid of superficial skin pigmentation.
• Acids solutions are use for effective pigmentation removal.
• Salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and TCA chemical peels are often used to get rid of discoloration.
• The type of peel used may vary according to your skin type and results.
Cosmotree Clinic offers the best chemical peels for pigmentation removal in Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru
• It rejuvenates the skin.
• The top damaged layer of the skin is exfoliated.
• Improved and radiant skin tone.
• Fade out sun spots, freckles, and other pigmentation problem.
Recovery Period: It usually depends on the kind of peel you are going for:
1) Light chemical peels:
• Virtually no recovery time.
• The skin may be mildly irritated after the peel, patients can return to their daily activities immediately after
2) Medium chemical peels:
• The new layer of the skin appears few days after the therapy.
• After few weeks of therapy, the skin is fully recovered.
3) Deep chemical peels:
• These are intense peels and can take months for the skin to fully heal.
• Patients usually take a week off from work after going for a deep chemical peel.
Post Therapy Precautions:
• Apply sunscreen sincerely every day before stepping out into the sun.
• Avoid rigorous physical activity like working out in the gym to avoid excessive sweating.
• Avoid makeup for 24 hours after the therapy.
• Sauna, swimming, and hot tubs should be avoided for few days.
3. DERMAL ROLLING:
• Dermal Rolling is use to break apart the hyper-pigmentation caused due to hormonal imbalances.
• Can stimulate collagen and skin regeneration process.
Over the counter creams and ointments:
• Though there are many topical creams and lotions available in the market for pigmentation removal, they do not
give satisfactory results.
• Provides short term relief and not for long run.