What are the moles?
• Moles are abnormal deposition of pigmented cells, the cells which gives color to the skin.
• Moles may present since birth, or may appear at any age.
• The color, shape, and size may different and moles can change in appearance with time.
• They may vary in size, small to large, flat to raised and light brown to dark pigmented or black in color.
• Some moles may have hairs.
What is mole removal?
If you are concerned by an unsightly mole or worried it may be dangerous mole removal may be an option you can go for.
Cosmotree Clinic offers best effective options for mole removal in Delhi, Gurgaon, and Mumbai, once our doctors has identified a dangerous mole or you have a mole you want to remove.
Why do they occur?
• Appearing mole on skin can be a genetic tendency.
• Some moles respond to changes in hormone levels, as may occur during pregnancy, adolescence, and older age.
• During teen years they usually grow in number, they also get darker during pregnancy and gradually fade away as
Are there different types of moles?
TYPES OF MOLES
• Compound moles: Slightly raised, range in color from tan to dark brown.
• Dermal moles: Range from flesh-color to brown, are elevated, most common on the upper body, and
may have hairs.
• Blue moles: Are slightly raised, deep colored within the skin, and most common on the head,
neck, and arms of women.
Cosmotree Clinic offers best mole removal in Delhi for effective safe results.
Can they turn into cancer?
• Most of the moles are harmless.
• In rare cases they can develop into skin cancer called malignant melanoma.
• If some changes happen in color, rapidly progress in size, pain or any unusual changes, than a biopsy can be
taken to detect cancer.
What are the options to remove mole?
Mole can be removed by these techniques:
• Shave excision:
o Raised mole can be shaved, but the root will remain in skin so mole can develop again on same site, so this
technique is not preferred.
o No stitches needed.
o The area to be treated gets numbed, and usually, only a tiny mark is left after the removal.
• Punch excision:
o Punch excision followed by stitching is the best preferred method for mole removal. This will leave a small
linear scar which will fade with time.
o No recurrence , because of complete excision of mole tissue.
o The area to be treated is made numb, which is cut out along with a small area of the surrounding skin.
• Surgical excision:
o Mostly used for larger moles that cannot be removed with either of the first two methods, and requires a
o In case of stitches your doctor will remove them in five to seven days.
• Laser Removal
• Moles that don’t appear above the surface of the skin may also be removed with a laser treatment.
• Laser Mole Treatment uses powerful light radiation to shatter down the mole cells in the skin.
• This method usually takes two or three treatments to get rid of the mole.
• Laser removal can be used for harder to reach areas, such as on the face or ears, and can be used for eliminating
multiple moles at the same time.
Is surgical removal of mole is painful?
The surgical removal is done under local anaesthesia.
How much time takes in surgery?
Its hardly take few minutes, mole remove by punch and a fine suture is placed on cut area. The suture is removed after 7 days.