Hair fall in a problem for almost every one now be it men or women. But when it is starting to go out of hand one needs to resort to treatment like HAIR TRANSPLANTAION. Hair transplant is the effective and one solution for those who have lost their hair to untimely fall but even for them who want to alter their hairlines or acquire an attractive mane. Cosmotree Clinic offers best hair transplant treatment in Delhi for effective and safe results.
But is hair transplant really effective and safe? Is it a long lasting process or does the procedure result in unwarranted tissue changes in the body? Here’s what all you need to know:
What is hair transplant?
• It is a surgical process that involves removal of hair follicles from other sites in the body like face or legs
and planting them on the balding area.
• The latest techniques are permanent and they pick up follicular clusters of hair. It can be done in 2 ways :
o Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT)
o Follicular unit extraction (FUE).
2. TYPES OF HAIR TRANSPLANT TREATMENT
Strip Harvesting (FUT):
• Skin strips with good hair growth are planted on balding areas and in follicular unit, extraction hair clusters
with their roots are manually removed and planted at the hairless site.
• Strip harvesting is widely used these days by the doctors. It leaves a small scar at the donor site and promises
• Many hair follicles can be transplanted in a single session.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
• FUE can be done in a single or several sessions.
• Gives very natural looking results and leaves behind no scars.
• Time consuming treatment.
• Expensive than FUT Treatment.
Cosmotree Clinic in Delhi offers effective FUT and FUE Hair Transplant Treatment for amazing hairs that looks natural.
3. Preparing for the Hair Transplant:
• Initially hair follicles from the back of the head are taken and transplanted to the balding areas.
• Before the surgery, the hair in the donor area is trimmed.
• A local anaesthesia is given for the numbing purpose.
• Follicular Unit Grafts are placed in the tiny incisions that are made in the recipient area.
• After the hair transplant surgery, tiny incisions with short hair would be visible on the patient’s operated
• The incision marks heal naturally and the redness in the recipient area disappear within a week.
4. Recovery Time:
• Hair transplant is a non-surgical procedure and generally done on an outpatient basis.
• Typically, the patients are allowed to shampoo after few days although the scalp needs to be protected from sun
and infections for a while after the surgery.
• The patients are mostly given antibiotics for a few days.
Must know facts about hair transplant:
• The transplanted hair acts and looks like natural hair.
• Local anaesthesia makes it a painless procedure and the patient can go home the same day.
• Hair transplant is different from non-surgical hair transplant in which a pre-chosen base is fixed on the scalp
• The results can vary from person to person.
• It also depends on the person’s natural hair quality.
• The cost of the procedure depends on the number of grafts. The more the number of grafts, the higher the cost.