People thinking about going for hair transplant therapys of have already gone through the procedure are often worried about hair transplant scars. So today we’re telling you everything you need to know.
The Hair Transplant Process
When thinking about hair transplant methods causing scarring, it is important to consider that there is more than one hair transplant process. The most popular hair transplant therapys are FUT (Follicular Unit Transaction) and FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction).
• Rearranging the individual hair follicles from an area of the head where the hair is fuller to the balding areas
(the donor area) using a specialist extraction tool.
• Those hair follicles are then prepared under a microscope and are ready to be transplanted with the use of a
microsurgical extraction instrument to an area of the head where the hair is thinning.
• FUE is a minimally invasive procedure that leaves almost no scarring.
• As small individual hair follicles are removed and transplanted no major scarring is caused.
• FUT is also called as the strip method.
• A strip of tissue is removed from the scalp with fuller hair, generally found at the back of the scalp.
• This strip is then cut and divided into individual hair follicles.
• The individual follicles are then grafted into tiny holes on the area of the scalp where the hair is thinning.
• However, FUT can cause noticeable scarring.
• As a strip of tissue is removed from the back of the scalp, once this is healed it can lead to noticeable scarring which can sometimes make it quite noticeable.
At the Cosmotree Clinic we offer the best hair transplant methods for most natural looking, realistic results possible.
Fixing hair transplant scars
• As mentioned above FUT hair transplant can leave you with noticeable scarring at the back of the scalp. In most cases, hair does not grow over scar tissue, which can leave you with an area of balding at the back of the scalp.
At Cosmotree Clinic, minimizing surgical scars is just one of the many things that we do to help provide our patients with the best hair transplant experience possible, because we believe that it is the details that make the difference