What is Pigmentation?
• Skin pigmentation occurs when there is a buildup of melanocytes (cells containing melanin) under the skin causing
discoloration on the skin surface.
• Typically they occur in forms like freckles and age spots on the hands, face and body areas.
• Different types of laser can be used depending on the type of pigmentation removal.
• The treatment will also depend on the area being treated, the type of pigmentation, and level of recovery time.
Skin Conditions Treated
• Sun Spots
• Age spots (solar lentigines)
About the treatment
Cosmotree Clinic have been successfully treating all types of skin pigmentation from freckle removal, sun spots to age spots on facial and body areas.
Laser Treatment for Pigmentation Removal
There are two laser treatments for pigmentation removal. Lasers and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light. Both these treatments involve removing pigment.
• Generally, laser treatment is apt for treating age spots and discrete lesions. IPL may be, is more suitable in
cases discoloration over wider areas.
• According to the type of pigmentation being treated, you might require one or more treatments. Like, age spots show quick results while birthmarks generally call for repeated zapping.
• Laser Pigmentation Removal is a quick, gentle and non-invasive treatment.
• This laser is absorbed only by the cells containing excessive of pigment.
• The surrounding tissues are unaffected.
• The light pulses produced by the laser can feel similar to the flicking of a rubber elastic band and for most
people is not too uncomfortable.
• Immediate darkening is noticed after treatment. For 7-10 days the area will look like a dark wound which gradually will fall off.
How does Laser Pigmentation Removal work?
• The laser produces a high energy light, which is then converted into heat energy.
• This targets the specific area of pigmentation because the laser is absorbed only by cells producing excessive melanin causing discoloration.
• This causes efficient pigmentation removal while leaving the surrounding tissue unaffected.
Laser treatment performs two vital functions:
• Removal of existing pigmentation.
• Prevent the formation of fresh melanin in the affected area.
Benefits of Laser Pigmentation Removal
• Treats body and facial areas
• Minimal side effects and recovery time
• Make-up can be worn after treatment
• Reduced levels of pain
• Decreased inflammation
• Better tissue regeneration
No recovery time is needed. People can resume their daily activities immediately.
Post Treatment Precautions:
• Avoid sun exposure for freshly treated skin.
• Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen for maximum protection.
• Do not pick at the wound and let it fall off naturally.