Is your dark complexion making you unhappy and under confident and want a fairer skin tone? Cosmotree Clinic in Delhi/Gurgaon and Mumbai is offering the best and safe skin whitening, giving you the skin you always wanted.
What is Skin Whitening Treatment?
• Skin whitening treatment is usually a combination of depigmentation (reducing melanin pigmentation) procedures
for lightening darker complexion.
• All Skin Whitening treatments aims to reduce the Melanin Pigment in your skin which gives color to the skin.
Different methods include:
• Glutathione Injections.
• Chemical Peels.
However, it is just not limited to the above mentioned treatments, it may also include creams and lotions but they are not much effective and also provide temporary solution.
Skin Whitening treatment works on the following conditions:
• Overall skin lightening and whitening for dark skin.
• Dull skin.
Mostly, amount of melanin depends on the genetic structure of the person but it can also increase over time causing darkening.
Causes of increases the melanin levels:
• Hormonal changes
• Frequent sun exposure
• Excessive chemical exposure
• Skin damage
• Stress level
• Other medical issues if any
Cosmotree Clinic offers various treatments for skin whitening like:
1. Glutathione Injections and Skin Whitening
• Glutathione Injections whiten the skin on your face and body, and is considered the safest and most effective of
all skin whitening treatments.
• Glutathione is a naturally produced substance by the human body; the liver.
• Glutathione is prepared in a safe sterile laboratory setup from three (glycine, glutamic acid, and cysteine)
• One of the most effective ways to get fairer skin, with almost no side-effects.
• It is a costly skin whitening treatment.
How does it work?
• Slowing down melanin production.
• Swapping the damaged cells which give a dark color to the skin with the new cells which makes the skin whiter and
• Glutathione treatment stops oxidative damage to your skin due to its strong antioxidant properties.
• Purifies your skin by removing all impurities and allows you to achieve a fairer complexion.
• Reduction in hyperpigmentation levels.
• Useful in the activation of enzymes that play an important role in the removal of toxins and giving you a fairer
• Anti melanogenic properties
• Richest anti-oxidant
• Skin lightning agent
Glutathione is also beneficial in treating:
• Skin darkening
• Sun spots
How is it done?
• Glutathione Injections are given directly into the bloodstream thus, bringing changes from within the body.
• Have high antioxidant properties.
• Its anti-melanogenic properties have promoted this as an effective skin lightening agent.
How long will it take to get results?
• Results of glutathione injections depends on how fair you want your complexion to be and changes from patient to
• The treatment ranges from 6 to 40 injections for maximum results.
• Results can take up to months to see the benefits of glutathione and the results vary for each individual
according to their skin and body constitution.
• Results also vary on your skin complexion.
Cost: Relative costly skin whitening treatment than others available in the market.
2. Chemical Peel:
• Acids such as glycolic acid, salicylic acid or TCA (trichloroacetic acid) are used to remove the damaged layers,
to reveal a bright, fairer improved skin tone.
• A chemical peel is only required once a week at most.
How is it done?
• Acid solutions are used on the face to get rid of the damaged outer layers of the skin.
• Acids such as alpha hydroxy acids (AHA), trichloroacetic acid (TCA), or phenol are applied to the face.
• Outer damaged layer of the skin is exfoliated and removed revealing a new skin layer with improved color, tone,
• Work by targeting the pH of the skin in order to chemically loosen the “glue” that binds the dead and damaged
• Overall more radiant and youthful skin.
Wait, but exfoliation alone doesn’t result in drastic skin whitening! Right, enter Skin lightening peels.
Skin Lightening Peels:
• Specifically designed for skin whitening and lightening.
• Gives drastic results in short period of time.
• It is a chemical peel that also contains melanin inhibiting ingredients.
• Achieve fairer and improved complexion.
“Most options include a combination of alpha (AHA) and beta (BHA) hydroxyl acids, antioxidants and retinols.
Things to consider:
• Some peels can be done at home.
• Most invasive is best left to dermatologists to perform.
For Sensitive Skin:
• Milder concentrations like an AHA like glycolic acid, which may be gentler than other AHAs and BHAs are suitable
for people with sensitive skin.
• Glycolic Acid is a milder alternative which is very safe and effective at lightening brown spots through gentle
• Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen everyday day. After a chemical peel skin is more sensitive for some time.
• Protect your skin against sun’s UVA and UVB rays.
• Wear a hat to protect your skin.
• The time taken to achieve visible results may vary from person to person.
• Results also depend on the chemical peel you are going for.
At Cosmotree Clinic, doctors will examine your skin color, texture and sensitivity and will suggest a peel best
suited for your skin and body needs.