Hyperpigmentation is a type of pigmentation and is use to describe darker patches of skin. These patches result from excess melanin production, which can be caused by everything from acne scars and sun damage to hormone fluctuations.
If you are facing hyperpigmentation know that you aren’t alone. Hyperpigmentation is a common skin condition, and there are a number of different treatment options available. Cosmotree Clinic offers best pigmentation removal in Delhi for effective and maximum results.
What is Skin Pigmentation/HyperPigmentation?
• When there is over-production of melanin (pigment that gives color to the skin) on the surface of the skin, some
parts of your skin may appear dark or dark spots appearing on the skin.
• Generally, melanin is evenly distributed in the skin, but sometimes people have spots or patches of skin with
more melanin production. Spots include freckles, age spots and melasma.
• This condition can affect people of all age groups.
• Though it is not a dangerous condition but can be medically treated.
Dermatologists at Cosmotree Clinic offer best and variety of pigmentation/dark spot removal treatments in Delhi/Gurgaon, and Mumbai for effective visible results in shortest period of time.
Depending on the extent of the pigmentation, our doctors at Cosmotree clinic will customize a patient’s treatment based on their individual skin tone and other body constitution, and will provide you with the best pigmentation removal in Delhi.
Pigmentation Treatment treats:
• Sun Spots
Pigmentation disorders can affect many areas of skin, or they can appear only in certain areas of the skin. The pigmentation usually occurs in two forms:
• Hyperpigmentation (Too much melanin)
• Hypopigmentation(Too less melanin)
• When there is abnormally high melanin production, but sometimes it is caused by accumulation of other pigmented
substances that are not otherwise present in the skin.
• Affected skin is darker and sometimes is a different color than normal.
Hyperpigmentation can be caused by:
• UV exposure
• Hormonal imbalances.
There are several types of hyperpigmentation:
o Usually caused by hormonal changes and develops during pregnancy.
o Areas of hyperpigmentation can appear on any area of the body. They appear most commonly on the abdomen and
o They’re related to excess sun exposure over time.
o Generally, they appear as spots of hyperpigmentation on areas exposed to the sun, like the hands and face.
• Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: is a result of an injury to the skin.
Cosmotree clinic offers best pigmentation/dark spots removal in Delhi/Gurgaon, and Mumbai, according to one’s skin and body needs, texture & sensitivity of the skin etc.
Treatments offered by Cosmotree Clinic are:
Types of Treatments:
1) Laser Treatment:
• Laser (resurfacing) treatment uses targeted beams of light to reduce hyperpigmentation without affecting
• There are two types of lasers used: ablative and non-ablative.
• Ablative lasers are the most intense, and they involve removing layers of your skin.
• Non-ablative procedures, , target the skin to promote collagen growth and tightening effects.
• Both destroy elements in your skin to ensure that new skin cells grow back tighter and more toned.
• Laser for pigmentation removal is a quick, gentle and non-surgical treatment.
Cosmotree Clinic offers the best laser treatment for pigmentation removal in Delhi/Gurgaon, and Mumbai and is one of the most advanced treatments for pigmentation and dark spots removal such as age spots, sun spots, and freckles on the skin.
• Treats body and facial areas
• Minimal side-effects and recovery time
• Effective removal of dark spots such as age spots, sun spots and freckles.
No recovery time is needed. People can resume their daily activities immediately.
Post Treatment Precautions:
• No sun exposure for freshly treated skin.
• Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen for maximum protection.
• Do not pick at the wound and let it fall off naturally.
2) Chemical peels:
• Uses acids concentrations to treat the desired area of skin.
• Reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation by removing the epidermis. Deeper versions may also penetrate the
middle layer of your skin (dermis) to produce more drasticresults.
• Although many chemical peels are available over the counter, you might consider getting a professional-grade peel
at your dermatologist’s office. These are more powerful, and they yield quicker results.
• The type of peel used may vary according to your skin type and results.
Cosmotree Clinic offers the best chemical peels for pigmentation removal in Delhi/Gurgaon, and Mumbai.
• It rejuvenates the skin.
• The top damaged layer of the skin is exfoliated.
• Improved and radiant skin tone.
• Fade out sun spots, freckles, and other pigmentation problem.
Recovery Period: It usually depends on the kind of peel you are going for:
1) Light chemical peels:
• No recovery time.
• The skin may be slightly irritated after the peel, patients can return to their daily activities immediately
2) Medium chemical peels:
• The new layer of the skin appears few days after the treatment.
• After few weeks of treatment, the skin is fully recovered.
3) Deep chemical peels:
• These are intense peels and can take months for the skin to fully heal.
• Patients usually take a week off from work after going for a deep chemical peel.
Post Treatment Precautions:
• Apply sunscreen sincerely every day before stepping out into the sun.
• Avoid rigorous physical activity like working out in the gym to avoid excessive sweating.
• Avoid makeup for 24 hours after the treatment.
• Sauna, swimming, and hot tubs should be avoided for few days.
• Dermal Rolling is use to break apart the hyper-pigmentation caused due to hormonal imbalances.
• Can stimulate collagen and skin regeneration process.
• Microdermabrasion is an in-office procedure used to treat hyperpigmentation that affects the
epidermis only (superficial scarring).
• During the procedure, your dermatologist will use a handheld tool with a wire brush or other abrasive attachment.
• The tool is then swiped across your skin to rapidly — but gently — to remove the epidermis.
• You may need multiple sessions to achieve your maximum results.
• Dermabrasion also involves the removal of your epidermis, but its effects continue down to part of your dermis.
• While dermabrasion is sometimes used to smooth out wrinkles, the procedure has been historically used to address
texture concerns. These include:
• acne scars
• age spots
• injury scars
• sun damage
Over the counter creams and ointments:
• Though there are many topical creams and lotions available in the market for pigmentation removal, they do not
give satisfactory results.
• Provides short term relief and not for long run.