What is MELASMA?
• Melasma is a type of hyperpigmentation which causes dark patches on the skin.
• Melanin is the pigment that defines the color of a person’s skin, and melasma is caused by an increase in melanin
• This increase is thought to be triggered by changes in hormone levels, especially those caused by pregnancy and
oral contraceptives, as well as by the sun.
• Quite common in women, especially during and after pregnancy. Many pregnant women experience melasma1 and the
condition is sometimes referred to as “the mask of pregnancy”.
• Men can experience melasma, but it is much more common in women.
Cosmotree Clinic offers best melasma/hyperpigmentation removal in Delhi for effective safe results.
Types of Skin Hyperpigmentation:
• Freckles and Sun Damage
• Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
Common causes of Melasma:
• Sun exposure
• Hormonal Imbalances
• Wrong skin care products
There are three types of melasma:
• Epidermal melasma: The top layer of skin is affected and the hyperpigmentation is brown with well-defined
• Dermal melasma: Affects the deeper layers of skin and is characterized by blue-gray patches.
• Mixed melasma: a combination of epidermal and dermal) occur as a brown-gray pigment.
Sun protection is the most significant step you can take to help prevent or reduce instances of melasma
Therapys for Melasma:
Cosmotree Clinic in Delhi offers best melasma removal therapys such chemical peels and laser therapy can help to reduce melasma.
1) Laser Therapy:
• Laser therapys involve ‘zapping’ the affected areas with high-energy light.
• Laser heats up and breaks down the pigment without affecting the surrounding skin.
• Different types of laser can be used depending on the extent of pigmentation.
• Pigmentation Removal with laser is a quick, gentle and non-surgical therapy. During the therapy the laser can
feel similar to the flicking of a rubber elastic band and for most people is not too uncomfortable.
• Immediate darkening is noticed after therapy. For few days the area will look like a dark wound which
eventually peels off.
• Laser therapy can help to reduce the appearance of melasma.
Cosmotree Clinic offers the best laser therapy in Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru and is one of the most advanced therapys for pigmentation and dark spots removal such as age spots, sun spots, and freckles on the skin.
• Can treat body and facial areas
• Minimal side-effects and recovery time
• Effective removal of dark spots such as age spots, sun spots and freckles.
No recovery time is needed. People can resume their daily activities immediately.
Post Therapy Precautions:
• No sun exposure for freshly treated skin.
• Wear a broad spectrum sunscreen for maximum protection.
• Do not pick at the wound and let it fall off naturally.
2) Chemical peels:
• Chemical Peels are suitable to get rid of superficial skin pigmentation.
• Acids solutions are use for effective pigmentation removal.
• Salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and TCA chemical peels are often used to get rid of discoloration.
• The type of peel used may vary according to your skin type and results.
Cosmotree Clinic offers the best chemical peels for pigmentation removal in Delhi/NCR and Bengaluru
• It rejuvenates the skin.
• The top damaged layer of the skin is exfoliated.
• Improved and radiant skin tone.
• Fade out sun spots, freckles, and other pigmentation problem.
Recovery Period: It usually depends on the kind of peel you are going for:
1) Light chemical peels:
• Virtually no recovery time.
• The skin may be mildly irritated after the peel, patients can return to their daily activities immediately after
2) Medium chemical peels:
• The new layer of the skin appears few days after the therapy.
• After few weeks of therapy, the skin is fully recovered.
3) Deep chemical peels:
• These are intense peels and can take months for the skin to fully heal.
• Patients usually take a week off from work after going for a deep chemical peel.
Post Therapy Precautions:
• Apply sunscreen sincerely every day before stepping out into the sun.
• Avoid rigorous physical activity like working out in the gym to avoid excessive sweating.
• Avoid makeup for 24 hours after the therapy.
• Sauna, swimming, and hot tubs should be avoided for few days.
• Dermal Rolling is use to break apart the hyper-pigmentation caused due to hormonal imbalances.
• Can stimulate collagen and skin regeneration process.