Hair fall is such a common problem nowadays both for men and women. Severe hair fall causes embarrassment and problems that needs to be addressed. However, credits to technological development, effective treatments and therapies have come up to deal with the hair fall problem. One of the advanced therapies used to deal with hair fall and baldness is the Stem Cell Therapy.
Some causes of hair fall are:
• Poor nutrition,
• Prolonged illnesses, etc.
The most general cause of hair loss is androgenic alopecia, which is generally hereditary. If you are losing your hair quickly you need to take actions to stop it.
Moving into the future, Stem cells project endless potential in the area of hair restoration. Harvesting and storing stem cells is witnessing a constant development. This revolutionary technological advancement is harnessing the immense potential of Stem cells in restoring healthy, full heads of hair without the need of any surgical intervention. Stem cell treatment is soon going to become the gold standard of hair loss treatment in the times to come.
What are Stem Cells?
Stem cells are cells that have the ability to develop into different types of cells found in the body. They’re non- specialized cells that are not able to do specific things in the body.
However, they’re able to split and renew themselves to either stay stem cells or become other types of cells. They help repair certain damage tissues in the body to recover.
STEM CELL TREATMENT FOR HAIR FALL
The Stem Cell Treatment is a minimally invasive procedure mainly used to quicken the hair follicles, promoting its regrowth. It is based on growing new hair follicles in a lab using a small skin sample from the patient and inserting back into the scalp in the areas of hair loss. This allows hair growth where the follicles were taken from, as well as where they’re transplanted.
• Stem cells, present at the root of the hair are known to encourage the hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles.
• In the case of severe hair fall or baldness, the stem cells either gets exhausted or are not mature enough to assist the hair growth.
• In stem cell therapy, the baldness is treated by processing these stem cells (hair follicles collected from the affected person) in labs to ensure an increase in the stem cells.
Stem cell hair transplants can be effective in treating different hair loss conditions according to some research, including:
• Male androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness)
• Androgenetic alopecia(female pattern baldness)
• Cicatricial alopecia (hair follicles are destroyed and replaced with scar tissue)
Advantages of Stem Cell Therapy for hair regrowth:
• Safest and best solution to deal with hair fall and baldness according to research.
• The stem cell therapy also plays a key role in improving the hair texture to a great extent.
• A minimally invasive procedure, there are almost no side-effects associated with stem cell therapy.
• Recovery time is quick as compared to other hair transplantation procedures including hair restoration treatment.
• Single session treatment.
• A small tissue is taken from the area of the scalp and then, a solution rich in stem cells is made from it. These stem cells are then added to the existing cells that readily multiply leading to a good growth rate.
• They remove fat cells from the patient’s abdomen or hip using a liposuction procedure under local anesthesia to extract stem cells from the patient.
• The removal is done using a device with a circular blade that’s rotated into the skin to remove a sample of tissue.
• Separated from the tissue in a centrifuge.
• Injected back into the scalp in the areas of hair loss.
• This procedure takes couple of hours.
While still a lot or research is going on stem cell hair loss treatments, the procedures may differ slightly, they’re all based on growing new hair follicles in a lab using a small skin sample from the patient.
• Initially hair growth can be noticed just within a month. The results can vary from person to person. This may require several sittings over months to see results.
• A considerable hair growth can be seen in couple of months.
• Stem cell treatment makes a great companion to hair transplant surgery as it enhances results of hair transplant and also helps in the swift healing of scalp and enhances the growth of existing hair.
• No downtime, though excessive exercise should be avoided for a week
• Some pain following the procedure is expected. It should settle within a week.
• Some scarring can be visible where the fat has been removed.
A stem cell hair transplant is much like a conventional hair transplant. But instead of removing a large number of hairs to transplant in the area of hair loss, a stem cell hair transplant removes a small skin sample from which hair follicles are produced.
HAIR TRANSPLANT TREATMENT
Hair transplant is an aesthetic procedure done to restore the lost hair. Hair transplantation procedure can bring back the appearances of a fuller head of hair.
• It is a surgical procedure in which hair follicles from a donor site is taken and inserted in the bald area.
• The back of the head is used as a donor site because follicles in this region are naturally resistant to balding.
• Transplanted hair grows like a normal hair.
• They are permanent and will grow back even after shaving.
• The greatest benefit of this cosmetic surgery is that it provides permanent solution, uniform distribution, low maintenance, and is cost effective.
Hair transplant surgery is changing lives and helping people feeling more confident and happy.